Landing : Athabascau University

Landing logo

Welcome to the Landing!

If you have an AU login or are an invited guest, this is your site. You can use this site to share, communicate and connect. Just log in with your usual AU username and password to join over 15,000 other members.

You are currently only seeing posts that Landing users have made publicly available. There's a great deal more to see when you are logged in. If you have an Athabasca University username, log in to see more!

If you wish to become an invited guest, please contact an AU staff member, who may make the request on your behalf. We do not support self-registration for non-AU users, though we welcome thoughtful comments on public posts.

• Hyeyung Park published a blog post Mixed Methods Research April 14, 2024 - 1:02pm
    The term paradigm is a way of looking at or researching phenomena, a worldview, a view of what counts as accepted or correct scientific knowledge (Cohen et al., 2018, p. 8). Pragmatism is defined in the following:A worldview or philosophy that...
  • My research area is interdisciplinary, combining theory and practice. Co-designing a dashboard is interesting, but I was concerned about the convoluted design process. I searched for a practical, easy-to-follow dashboard design method. However, I...
  • Hyeyung Park published a blog post In Preparation for Live Session #1 April 14, 2024 - 9:12am
    Two papers in the first week provide comprehensive overviews and trends in distance education research. In Forum #1 on the Moodle discussion board, I summarized two papers and expressed my thoughts on distance education research in preparation for...
  • Aidan Roseborough replied on the discussion topic Which units do we need to discuss? April 11, 2024 - 9:35am
    Marin, make sure to also discuss Unit 11 in whatever way you are, since it is also covered in the course. It's easy to miss since it's toward the end with a lot of units that are no longer covered.
  • James Scott replied on the discussion topic Which units do we need to discuss? April 11, 2024 - 2:31am
    From my perspective it seems more that you are required to post about information regarding the entire course, rather than being particular about making posts regarding specific units. I interpreted the instructions to mean that you should be making...
  • Hyeyung Park published a blog post Journal articles for co-designing dashboards April 10, 2024 - 4:23pm
    Easterday, M. W., Rees Lewis, D. G., & Gerber, E. M. (2018). The logic of design research. Learning: Research and Practice, 4(2), 131–160. https://doi.org/10.1080/23735082.2017.1286367Paradigm: PragmatismTheoretical framework:...
  • Hyeyung Park published a blog post Human-centredness April 10, 2024 - 4:11pm
    Human-centred learning analytics Learning analytics is defined as “measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of data about learners and their contexts for understanding and optimizing learning and the environments in which it...
  • Hyeyung Park published a blog post Design-Based Research April 10, 2024 - 4:05pm
    I am a researcher, an educator, and a designer. I decided to write my doctoral dissertation about the co-designed dashboard on professional learning within the community of inquiry (CoI). My research interest in the integration of theory and...
  • Hyeyung Park published a blog post Design Thinking April 10, 2024 - 4:00pm
    Tim Brown originally wrote Change by Design in 2009 and revised it in 2019. According to him, design thinking is a methodology that imbues the full spectrum of innovation activities with a human-centred design ethos. Put simply, design thinking is...
  • Hyeyung Park published a blog post Opening the Door to Structural Equation Modeling April 10, 2024 - 3:48pm
    As a result of my frustrating experiences reading journal articles filled with cut-and-pasted texts and fraudulent data analysis, I have delved into structural equation modeling (SEM). Based on logical positivism, quantitative research seeks to...

Random posts from the last few months

Main AU website

entry point to the University.

MyAU 

your personal entry portal to AU facilities.

AU library

find books, online journals, help with resource discovery and more.

AUSpace 

an archive of publications, articles, books and other publications by AU staff and graduate students.

The AU Research Centre

find out what people are researching at AU.

AU e-lab

an open and interactive virtual lab space dedicated to discovery and demonstration for tertiary online education, through workshops, e-Portfolio, and a virtual tool cupboard.

Athabasca University Store

A place to buy AU apparel, parchment frames, etc

Service status 

A place to find out the current operating status of AU systems as well as keep tabs on planned outages, etc.

The Voice Magazine

A magazine by and for students of AU, freely accessible via the Web.

Site statistics

Users:17338 (14 online)
Blogs:72091
Files:37628
Wiki sub-pages:37592
Bookmarks:22541
Discussion topics:8940
Wikis:6308
Wire posts:5155
Photos:3447
Polls:151
Groups:718
No results found.
  • I have never let my schooling interfere with my education - Twain
  • The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a hearth to be lighted - Parlby
  • We have a hunger of the mind, which asks for knowledge all around us - Mitchell
  • Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever - Gandhi
  • Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts