Landing : Athabascau University

AI-powered skin paper

• Public

AI-powered skin paper

Started by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 21, 2023 - 10:28pm

The other day, I saw this exciting paper in my feed and wanted to share it with the class. This paper discusses how AI can be used to power electronic skin and how different ML models play into various components, such as flexible patches and smart textiles [1]. With smart textiles and functional materials becoming increasingly common in various avenues, we can see that their roles within human recovery and rehabilitation will become more important [2]. In a complex organ such as the skin, countless complex interactions occur between e-skin components and the environment and across the various components that make up the e-skin. These complex interactions and how e-skin adapts to their users constitute an exciting area of research within multiagent systems—using ML and multiagent systems to mimic the biochemical responses due to these environmental changes. In the past, I looked into how we could use e-textiles to aid patients who had suffered from strokes to help restore their ability to chew and close their jaw. This is just one avenue in which these technologies can be applied.

Sources:

[1] C. Xu, S. A. Solomon, and W. Gao, “Artificial intelligence-powered electronic skin,” Nat Mach Intell, vol. 5, no. 12, pp. 1344–1355, Dec. 2023, doi: 10.1038/s42256-023-00760-z.

[2] W. Weng, P. Chen, S. He, X. Sun, and H. Peng, “Smart Electronic Textiles,” Angew Chem Int Ed, vol. 55, no. 21, pp. 6140–6169, May 2016, doi: 10.1002/anie.201507333.

COMP667  Multiagent Systems

COMP667 Multiagent Systems

This group is created for complementing COMP667 Course in Moodle, providing additional course material, and facilitating discussions.