Landing : Athabascau University

Discussion topics

• Public

MAS in Transit Systems - REM

Started by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 6, 2023 - 1:25am Replies (1) Last reply by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 25, 2023 - 4:42pm
    One recent transit development that will significantly improve ridership in Montreal is the Réseau Express métropolitain, or REM for short. The REM enables faster connections from the south shore to the main island with planned future...
    • Public

Google Deepmind AlphaStar

Started by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 25, 2023 - 4:41pm
    I am sharing this work I learned about a few years ago as it strongly pertains to MAS. The team at Google Deepmind worked on a series of agents to play the game Starcraft 2 and trained them to the point where they could routinely beat the best of...
    • Public

Auction theory - 2020 Nobel Prize in Economics

Started by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 24, 2023 - 5:25pm
    After watching some videos on the Nobel prize given for the Vickrey auction I looked into other prominent advancements in auction theory. I found that the 2020 nobel prize in economics was given for recent work in a format known as simultaneous...
    • Public

Google Deepmind MARL Work - Fruit Market

Started by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 24, 2023 - 5:25pm
    I came across this work on MARL by Google Deepmind and wanted to share it with the class [1]. They showed how agents in their environment could simulate microeconomic behaviours, namely production, consumption, and trading. This environment, called...
    • Public

Course Unit Discussion Question Post - Programming language

Started by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 23, 2023 - 9:09pm
    Discuss the following questions in the discussion forum: What programming language and tool would you use in your proposed course project? Why?   In my project, the assignment description says: “The topic of the final project need not...
    • Public

Course Unit Discussion Question Post - MAS vs Distributed Systems

Started by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 23, 2023 - 9:04pm
    Discuss the following questions in the discussion forum: Why should we be interested in distributed systems of agents? MAS should be interesting to anyone due to their scalability and the robustness that comes with MAS. When you have a collection...
    • Public

Project Proposal

Started by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 23, 2023 - 9:08pm
    I wanted to make this post and share a bit of my project proposal with the class for the final project in 667. Maybe it could inspire future students and provide some insight and ideas into scope.   For this project, I aim to explore...
    • Public

The Power Grid

Started by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 22, 2023 - 6:03pm
    One thing often not talked about in MAS is the power grid. The role that different power generation utilities and users interact on a large scale and the pricing mechanisms that allow users and governments to buy and sell power across large...
    • Public

Open AI Gym

Started by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 14, 2023 - 7:31pm Replies (2) Last reply by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 22, 2023 - 6:02pm
    I wanted to share a gym environment I have been playing around with for a while when looking at topics on goal-conditioned reinforcement learning [1]. Gymnasium is a maintained fork of OpenAI’s gym, allowing users to look into implementing...
    • Public

AI-powered skin paper

Started by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 21, 2023 - 10:28pm
    The other day, I saw this exciting paper in my feed and wanted to share it with the class. This paper discusses how AI can be used to power electronic skin and how different ML models play into various components, such as flexible patches and smart...
    • Public

Real Dutch Auction

Started by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 19, 2023 - 5:13am
    Hi everyone, after learning more about auctions in the course I wanted to share this recent video I watched explaining the 1996 nobel prize in economics which regards the Vickrey auction [1]. It is a great watch and I think it puts more of the class...
    • Public

Swarm Robotics

Started by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 13, 2023 - 8:49pm
    Swarm Robotics is an exciting area of research in MAS. Finding ways that fleets of robots can work together in specific tandem fashions can enable higher-order operation and task completion. Often mimicking the collective social behaviors displayed...
    • Public

Open AI Hide and Seek

Started by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 7, 2023 - 9:23pm Replies (1) Last reply by Oscar Lin December 10, 2023 - 10:23am
      I wanted to share a paper published by Open AI a few years ago that is highly relevant to MAS.    Researchers at OpenAI developed multiple agents to play the game of hide and seek in a controlled environment [1]. Through both...
    • Public

Introduction

Started by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 6, 2023 - 1:24am Replies (1) Last reply by Oscar Lin December 6, 2023 - 8:50am
    Hello Everyone!   My name is Gagan, and I am a student in the MSc program. I am taking this course as part of my focus area in intelligent systems. I am very interested in game theory and game AI. I took many courses focused on this during my...
    • Public

POST - Autonomous Surface Vessels.

Started by Duncan Robertson July 24, 2023 - 8:31pm Replies (1) Last reply by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 6, 2023 - 1:24am
    In their paper, Males et al. (2022) survey the use of MAS in surface vessels.  This is a goal that has been considered for a rather long time (approximately 130 years with Tesla).  The main reasons for automating vessels are to cut costs...
  • POST - MAS metamodel

Started by Duncan Robertson July 24, 2023 - 8:28pm Replies (1) Last reply by Oscar Lin July 26, 2023 - 10:36am
    In this post I want to talk about a recent paper about MAS metamodels. A metamodel is an abstraction that describes the information that is required for a model of the entities and relationships in the MAS domain.  In their paper, Viana et al...
    • Public

POST - Metamodels and Norms

Started by Duncan Robertson July 24, 2023 - 8:29pm
    Another post on MAS metamodels, and the role of norms in a couple of papers, one by Dell’Ann et al. (2021) and the other by Viana et al. (2021). According to Boella and van der Torre as cited by Dell’Anna et al (2021 p1) norms can be...
    • Public

POST - Unit 4, Section 1, Activity 5

Started by Duncan Robertson July 24, 2023 - 8:26pm
    Discuss the following question in the discussion forum: Can you construct a real-world example (different from the examples in the textbook) where the individual preference lists for three alternatives are as in the voting paradox of Condorcet? The...
    • Public

POST - Unit 2, Section 1, Activity 4

Started by Duncan Robertson July 24, 2023 - 8:25pm
    Discuss the following questions in the discussion forum: What are the similarities and differences between an agent and an object? What are the similarities and differences between an agent and an expert system? Agents and objects Similarities: -...
    • Public

POST - Unit 1, Section 6, Activity 4

Started by Duncan Robertson July 24, 2023 - 8:23pm
    Discuss the following questions in the discussion forum:    1. We know that an MDP is simply a stochastic game with only one player, while a repeated game is a stochastic game with one stage game. Can you give an example of a stochastic...
Load More
COMP667  Multiagent Systems

COMP667 Multiagent Systems

This group is created for complementing COMP667 Course in Moodle, providing additional course material, and facilitating discussions.