Landing : Athabascau University

Project Proposal

• Public

Project Proposal

Started by Gaganpreet Jhajj December 23, 2023 - 9:08pm

I wanted to make this post and share a bit of my project proposal with the class for the final project in 667. Maybe it could inspire future students and provide some insight and ideas into scope.

For this project, I aim to explore innovations and progress in the area of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) concerning multiagent systems. The goal of this project is to provide a primer to those interested in the state of the art in UAVs and how work can be applied in the domain of UAVs for space defence [1],[2]. 

A general high-level overview will be as follows:

• An introduction to the field of UAVs and related technologies and the history and recent breakthroughs in space. 

• An exploration of the UAV information processing steps and data pipeline

• A discussion of ongoing research in the space related to multiagent systems and UAVs by exploring work in conferences such as AAMAS and journals such as IEEE Access and JAAMAS. This can be broken down further to explore resource allocation and movement behaviours similar to how platooning is common in land-based vehicles.

• A discussion on work done explicitly for space defence the current role of UAVs in that domain, and other technologies that will prove helpful in tandem with UAVs into the future

• Discussion on current simulation tools for UAVs 

Sources:

[1] “Space-Defence Technologies Alberta,” Research at UCalgary. Accessed: Dec. 20, 2023. [Online]. Available: https://research.ucalgary.ca/Space-Defence-Technologies-Alberta

[2] B. Alary, “Athabasca University to collaborate on space and health innovation research,” The Hub. Accessed: Dec. 20, 2023. [Online]. Available: https://www.athabascau.ca/news/research/mif-research-projects

COMP667  Multiagent Systems

COMP667 Multiagent Systems

This group is created for complementing COMP667 Course in Moodle, providing additional course material, and facilitating discussions.