Landing : Athabascau University

Need a CADE Wise & Witty Representative here at AU

• Public

Need a CADE Wise & Witty Representative here at AU

Started by M Koole June 9, 2008 - 10:01am Replies (4)

Hey,

Is anyone available to host the Wise & Witty sessions for CNIE. My schedule is insane, so I don't think I would do a very good job of supporting this venture.

There is an excellent session coming up with George Siemens called "Socializing Teaching and Learning" on Wednesday, June 18, 2008. (I received the information through the University of Manitoba.)

Anyone? I might try to host this one, but after that . . . not sure.

Cheers,

Marguerite

Replies

• Cindy Ives June 9, 2008 - 10:38am

I could probably arrange for EMD to organize AU particpation in the Wise and Witty sessions next year. What do you think?

Cindy 

• M Koole June 9, 2008 - 10:46am

Hi Cindy,

I just made a request to the CNIE to send me the set-up info for this next presentation--'cause I really want to see Siemen's presentation. But, I really would appreciate it if others could join in to support this. Maybe we could have the Wise & Witty notifications come to this group and whomever is available can host the session? Hmmm . . . maybe we'd need a more organized procedure to make sure it doesn't fall through the cracks.  

Cheers,

Marguerite 

• Cindy Ives June 18, 2008 - 5:40am

Marguerite:

Given EMD's new mandate for academic professional development, I think we could arrange for Lorene to look after the logistics for these sessions. That would involve publicity beyond just the instructional designers group. If you and others agree, I'll set it up. 

• M Koole June 18, 2008 - 11:00am

Hi Cindy,

I received a message from CNIE about George Siemens presentation today. I was sent an Elluminate URL from NAIT, so I'm not sure if they are doing the organization in Northern Alberta, or what.

But, I would be very supportive if EMD could co-ordinate with CNIE or NAIT (??). 

I'll drop by your office the next time I'm up there.

Cheers,