Landing : Athabascau University

Group members: use the discussion to seek help, give help, or simply to share ideas with others that do not comfortably fit in your learning diary.

QUICK COURSE LINKS:  Add blog post - Read latest group postsFAQs: Course process : Site design : HTML : CSS : JavaScript : JQuery : AJAX : Misc : : Podcasts for each unit

Updated resource pages:  Unit 1 - Unit 2  - Unit 3Units 4 & 5 - Unit 6 - Unit 7

Important notice: the student web server is unavailable. Until this is fixed, we do not require you to upload your site to the student server. See Running a web server on your local machine for details of how to meet the requirements for the final unit, and my posts on the subject in the discussion forum for further information about the problem.

Testing of a new server is in progress: if you would like to get early access and you are unafraid of working with command lines, network settings, and conf files, please contact Gerald Abshez, asking to be part of the trial.

Submitted Portfolio over a month ago and havent gotten anything

• Public

Submitted Portfolio over a month ago and havent gotten anything

Started by Akram Eldamaty September 18, 2019 - 8:44am Replies (3)

Anyone else in a similar situation? I submitted my portfolio over a month ago and haven't gotten anything back. I contacted the TA multiple times but still haven't recieved anything.

Replies

• Jasmin Gallant September 18, 2019 - 8:56am

Hi, 

I have the same situation. I've had little time to do the course  around (1 month) with kids on summer break and an autistic child and have submitted my portfolio on september 1st and made errors with wrong portfolio file.

I contacted the coordinator and the academic expert and created a support ticket with student success center and even called them. They changed my request to urgent last week but I still have no news from anyone. 

As I understand they have to coordinate the course since the initial coodinator and tutor are on sabbatical. But I would have hoped for at least a small reply. I have to submit my grade to OSAP financial department in order to receive my loan to pay for the courses I am already registered for October 1st. I am very eager for assessment of my portfolio.

In my case, I did the course in 1 month and had to work night and day. I would understand it could take a while to assess my portfolio and course. But no replies? I will be 3 weeks soon since my first emails and I wonder what is happening.

I will contact the university student success department again today as I need that assessment asap in order to continue with my registered courses. 

Did you try calling the student success center?

I also sent a private message to the Academic expert here in the landing.

Regards,

Jasmin Gallant

• Jasmin Gallant September 18, 2019 - 9:12am

I believe it might be due to the fact that they have to coordinate and assess for the initial coordinator and academic expert. We have to be patient and try to keep contacting them. 

I am sure they are doing the best they can.

Jasmin

• Mushtaq Ahmad September 18, 2019 - 8:48pm

Akram's Portfolio was sitting in the Portfolio folder where I usefully move all the Portfolios. Mostly I put a flag to unmarked Portfolio but his Portfolio was without flag it was unintentionally happened. I have sent the marks to Prof for approval and will be done in a day or two.

I have not received Jasmin' Portfolio and I made contact and he will send me!

Regards
    Mushtaq