Landing : Athabascau University

More features for CDE Group

• Public

More features for CDE Group

Started by Terry Anderson July 9, 2011 - 9:57am Replies (2)

We are continuing to add new features to the Landing, and I try to make changes to incorporate these in this group.

This morning I added a Tag Tracker - on the tag CDE.  If you you put the tag CDE on any blog posts, pages, bookmarks, photos etc, they will be linked under Tracked Tags - to this group- thus helping us find resources without having to post them 3 or 4 places. Of course only if they are made visible by owners to logged in users or public.

I also have member activity highlighting things we are up to. Also bringing in a twitter feed, an RSS feed from Faculty sharing their publications in AUSpace and an RSS feed from Athabasca' s Journal IRRODL.  We are in final tests for moderated comments, which will allow us to have external viewers add comments to our posts (if allowed by the owner) thus creating windows into our Beautiful walled garden.

Suggestions and of course content ALWAYS welcomed for this group and our CDE and Landing Networks

Terry

Replies

• Stuart Berry July 9, 2011 - 2:27pm

Hi Terry

The tag tracker looks kind of neat - is it retroactive? Will it work with all of the postings etc that have already been tagged?

Stu

• Terry Anderson July 10, 2011 - 8:17pm

Hi Stu

Yes, we certainly could have used the tag tracker in 605 to help students find postings. I THINK it is retroactive to the last X (configuable) number of postings with the search tag. If there is only old tags, it will still show them. I THINK it uses the same search engine as the text search - just automates it.

Terry