Landing : Athabascau University

Writing a Research Proposal

• Public

Started by Marti Cleveland-Innes September 20, 2011 - 4:40pm Replies (3)

Hello all:

Wanted to let everyone know I am doing a workshop for FGS tomorrow called "Writing a Research Proposal."  If there is interest, I will post the slides here when it is over.  I am also willing to do the workshop again for any group of 8 or more.

Cheers,

Dr. Marti

Also: for discussion on research proposals, see

https://landing.athabascau.ca/pg/forum/topic/82148/proposal-writing/

Replies

• Marti Cleveland-Innes September 21, 2011 - 2:15pm

Here are slides from today's workshop on Writing a Reseach Proposal.  Post any questions here for response and discussion among students and faculty.

• Sofia Nteliopoulou September 23, 2011 - 2:00am

Hello Dr. Marti,

Your comment was like an oasis in the desert! I have just made my desicion about choosing the thesis route and started thinking what may constitute a good topic for a thesis.

I would be glad to participate in your workshop in case you will do it again. Otherwise I will contact you personally via email.

Best regards,

Sofia

• Marti Cleveland-Innes September 23, 2011 - 10:12am

Hi Sofia:

Congratulations on your decision - doing a thesis is a life changing experience.  There is a Landings group called CDE READS - Research Exploration and Discussion site.  Here we post topics for discussion about research.  There is also an M.Ed thesis student support group whih meets every other week in AdobeConnect.

Cheers,

Dr. Marti

The range of what we think and do
    is limited by what we fail to notice.
    AND because we fail to notice
    that we fail to notice
    there is little we can do
    to change
    until we notice
    how failing to notice
    shapes our thoughts and deeds.
    R.D. Laing